The 30th annual Elizabeth 8K Road Race will hit the streets on Saturday, March 19, 2016.
This is Charlotte's oldest road race and features a USATF-certified course (certificate # NC15016DF) and a fantastic tour of the scenic residential streets of the Elizabeth neighborhood.
The event also includes a 1.5M untimed run/walk for the casual participants and youth runners and the Liz Kids' Fun Run for the little ones. Participants will enjoy Elizabeth 8K racing shirts (guaranteed to all who register by March 7, 2106), post-race refreshments and beer, live music from
School of Rock, and even our very own Elvis, a.k.a., the Big E! Proceeds benefit the beautification of the Historic Elizabeth Neighborhood and the replenishing of both Charlotte and Elizabeth's tree canopies.
- Online Registration is closed. You can register in person at the locations and times listed below for packet pick-up.
- Packet pickup will be held this year at Hawthorne's New York Pizza and Bar (1701 E. 7th Street, Charlotte, NC 28204) on Thursday, March 17 from 3:30 - 6:30 and Friday, March 18 from 12:00 - 6:00 pm and at Hawthorne Recreation Center (345 Hawthorne Lane) in Independence Park the morning of the race from 6:45 - 7:45am.
- 30-for-30 raffle:
Following the Awards Ceremony, in recognition of our 30th anniversary,
we will be giving out 30 prizes to 30 random participants valued at over
$2,500. Listen for instructions prior to the start of the race to learn if you've been selected,
but please note, if you are selected, you will need to be present at
the awards ceremony with your bib to claim you prize. Prizes include:
- OperaCarolina , Charlotte Hornets and Charlotte Checkers tickets
- Gift certificates to Iron Butterfly Pilates and Burn Bootcamp
- Gift certificates to Hawthorne's, Harris Teeter and Cabot Cheese
- Gift certificates to Leroy Fox, Mortimer's and Cowbell
- Free entries to USNWC Tuckfest
- Gift boxes from Zia Pia imports and jewelry from Barnhardt Jewelers
- Limited edition 30th anniversary Elizabeth 8K hoodies
- The Elizabeth 8k is proud to partner with Recover Brands on race shirts
in 2016. The local, Charlotte based apparel brand, Recover,
manufactures apparel out of 100% recycled materials. That's right, 100%
recycled. This years race shirt will be made from a blend of recycled
cotton and recycled plastic. Just 8 plastic bottles to make one shirt!
In addition to being environmentally friendly, the Recover Tees are
super soft and durable. We' can't wait for everyone to get their
environmentally friendly, high-end shirt this year. And, the fact that
is a local company is all the better. Register by Monday, March 7th to be guaranteed a racing shirt.
- Mayor Jennifer Roberts has proclaimed March 19, 2016 as "Elizabeth 8K Road Race" Day in Charlotte
Hawthorne Recreation Center, Independence Park
345 Hawthorne Lane, Charlotte, NC 28204